Willie Blade answered some questions on Christmas!
Thanks for the reply. I have several questions that I will number off that I would like to inquire about to have some more knowledge about Russian Pyramid cues. I’m in no rush for quick response so please take your time to answer each of them the best you can.
1.) My first main question is in regards to the specs you show most Russian pyramid cues are on your website. I am just curious why are those the normal dimensions? What is the purpose of the of the butt being around 28mm (smaller than pool) and the cue weighing so much more? Why only usually a 12mm Tip? I just imagined a bigger billiard ball would result in naturally a bigger diameter tip to match similar spins from other cue sports and to maintain proper strength for hitting the heavier balls.
1) It’s a different game, you are right. But all parameters of a cue made for comfort, balance, feeling a cue, to be relaxed and confident while using it.
Here the video of Russian billiards, check their playing style:
2.) I’ve measured from the bottom of my hand to the tip of my second finger and it’s 7.25 inch so what size butt Diameter would you recommend for me?
2) It’s hard to count such thing. Diameter should be that size that your hand can grapple comfortable and shot.
3.) I’m thinking about getting around a 700 gram cue but I wasn’t sure. My main game is american pool and I would be playing russian pyramid on a 9 ft american pool table when I played. Would that affect the weight choice of the cue?
3) Yes it will affect. So as length of a cue. It’s about balance and power shots.
4.) Would you recommend more of a harder or softer tip and why?
4) It depends on your style of playing. If you like to play with power shots, harder tip will be better.
5.) If I ordered a cue without a cue extension but planned on buying one later, do you make all your cues have the ability to attach your cue extension to them?
5) No, we don’t but for you we can put a butt for attaching an extension.
6.) lastly I found that your website truly lacks what makes your cues different from other companies and why your cue is superior. Could you enlighten me some with those details?
6) I guess, our cues is a big step of two billiards cultures amalgamation – Russian pyramid and American pool. It’s very interesting, because not much pool cues have canonical Russian pyramid designs.
Sorry for the delay with response.
Thank you for so many interesting questions.
Have a great holidays.